Job Title: Production Manager
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Production Manager will mainly coordinate, control, supervise and oversee the production processes from the initial phases to the final stages to ensure efficient, timely and standard production in line with the company’s business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, strategize and oversee all production activities to ensure timely and standard production in line with the company’s customer value proposition and business objectives.
- The jobholder will also plan and achieve the directorate’s financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions in line with the finance policies and company’s business objectives.
- Estimate, negotiate and agree prices, budgets and timescales with clients and managers in line with the business objectives and targets. Periodically review and re-negotiate timescales and schedules a necessary.
- The incumbent will determine adherence to quality control standards by monitoring accuracy and timeliness of all orders during production.
- Manage the production team allocate jobs and when necessary, reorganize to meet deadlines, changes and updates.
- Work closely with and assist the procurement unit in selecting, ordering and purchasing quality and standard production materials.
- Schedule and organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment and ensure minimum breakdowns
- Work closely with buyers, marketing and sales staff to achieve production as well as overall business objectives.
- Manage staff performance and quality improvement through; inspiring, leading and nurturing employees to come up with innovative approaches to achieving results, mentoring coaching, training, counselling and appraisal of staff in the directorate.
- Ensure health and safety in production department 11.Research on new techniques
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective and efficient production process
- Completed annual production budget
- Established client relationships
- Compliance to quality control standards
- Completed periodic performance evaluations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Print Technology, Engineering or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of five years of technical and managerial experience in high technology printing environment preferably HP Indigo.
- Operational Management experience in a modern printing
- Expertise in high technology industrial/ commercial printing
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita via E-mail addressed to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline