Job Title: Principal Planning Officer
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Director Finance & Administration
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Principal Planning Officer will monitor, assess impact of policies and programs and evaluate performance of development & regulatory strategies within the dairy industry and advise on competitiveness and profitability in line with the mandate of the Dairy Development Authority (DDA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare DDA Annual Work Plans & Budgets and ensure adherence to them during implementation;
- Consolidate DDA Progress and Annual Reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and review performance of programs and activities of the Authority and prepare periodic reports and provide feedback.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the dairy industry and assess its impact on economic development in Uganda and the region.
- Monitor and evaluate dairy development programs, assess their impact on milk production and productivity in order to advise on the appropriateness of policy, strategy and their implementation.
- Coordinate and supervise the performance assessments of dairy activities at all levels of the dairy value chain.
- Provide guidance on conducting action research and program evaluation studies to establish the impact of ODA along the dairy value chain.
- Develop a framework for documentation and sharing of lesson learnt and experiences gained during implementation of dairy development projects.
- Liaise with NGOs, Government Institutions and other donor agencies in developing policy frame work for collaboration.
- Prepare project concept papers and proposals aimed at improving the dairy sector.
- Assist in pooling dairy industry data, among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Planning officer should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics or related field. A Post graduate qualification in project planning and management
- Training/experience in the use of Integrated Financial Management Systems is a must.
- At least seven years relevant experience in annual work planning & budgeting in the public sector.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills, particularly spreadsheets & databases.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing skills.
- Should have skills and experience gained from practical experience in impact assessment, monitoring and evaluation, economic analysis, program and project formulation, data collection and analysis and performance assessment.
- Should have knowledge of budgeting and financial management in public sector management and information systems.
- Experience in the preparation of policy statements, budget framework papers & conversant with the GOU planning process.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline