Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
About UWESO Vocational Institute:
UWESO Masulita Vocational Institute was founded by UWESO with the objective of providing vocational skills to the young people in Masulita community and beyond. It is adjacent to masulita Children’s Home, which is one of the UWESO entities.
Job Summary: The Principal will provide technical and administrative oversight of Masulita UWESO Vocational Institute as well as the children’s home and farm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of the Vocational Institute Policy and Strategy
- In charge of the implementation of the Curriculum Strategy and instruction and be responsible for all aspects of Vocational course syllabus/assessment material development in conjunction with instructors.
- Responsible for all aspects of Vocational course programming and timetabling, in conjunction with Instructors and ensuring all training is conducted in accordance with the Curriculum Strategy
- Ensure all training is conducted in a dynamic, realistic and safe manner, in line with the training objectives and current teaching and methods.
- Provide day-to-day financial and administrative management, and reporting oversight for the Institute, Children’s home and the farm.
- Provide line management of the instructors and administrative staff of the children’s home and farm
- Carry out periodic assessment of students’ performance to obtain feedback and publicizing the institute to increase student enrollment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Vocational Studies and Engineering from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- A Diploma in Vocational Training and Business Education, or its equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience at Principal level in a vocational training institution
- Possess a good working and writing knowledge of the English language; Self-drive and motivation to achieve the best results;
- Strong appreciation of ethical work practices, procedures and guidelines In a vocational institute setting;
- Excellent communication and mobilization skills
- Knowledge of Administrative, clerical procedures and systems, managing ﬁles and records
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline