Job Title: Principal Dairy Development Officer
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Manager, Dairy Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Principal Dairy Development Officer will carry out socio-economic research and surveys within the dairy industry with a view of establishing trends in milk production, transportation, processing and consumption. The incumbent will implement research findings for increasing milk production and productivity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out surveys and studies to assess and establish technological options in the milk value chain and recommend appropriate interventions;
- Regularly mobilize dairy stakeholders for identification of needs, formulation of specific goals and alternative intervention strategies for the development of the Dairy industry;
- Initiate, develop and design appropriate programmes aimed at improving animal husbandry practices and farm business development;
- Develop and implement strategies and programmes for increasing the consumption of milk and dairy products;
- Conduct socio-economic research and surveys relating to marketing and consumption of milk and dairy products.
- Manage the dissemination of information regarding the performance of the dairy sector with regard to production, processing, marketing and consumption;
- Develop strategies for transforming informal marketing of milk and milk products;
- Keenly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of promotion and information dissemination strategies and programmes;
- Develop consumer education and sensitization programmes on nutritional benefits of consumption of milk and milk products;
- Should be highly innovative and creative thinker;
- Pool dairy development and marketing data;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy sciences /Veterinary Medicine/Animal production from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in a relevant field.
- A minimum of six years of working experience of which three (3) years must be at senior level.
- Broad working knowledge and skills in project planning and implementation gained from training or practical experience.
- Excellent networking, mobilization, presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of working with communities at the grass root level and other stakeholders in the industry.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1s July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline