Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Finance & Administration
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Principal Administration & Human Resources Officer will facilitate the development, updating and guiding overall implementation of various Administrative and Human Resource policies, strategies, systems and procedures to support the achievement of REA’s objectives. The incumbent will also ensure that appropriate employees are recruited, selected, deployed, developed and retained by the Agency in accordance with the policies, procedures, specific terms and conditions of service; and current legislations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, update and monitor overall operation of various Human Resource and Administrative policies, strategies, systems and procedures leading to the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Provide comprehensive advice and guidance on terms and conditions of - employment aligned to current legislations, field best practices and REA’s Human Resource Policy.
- The incumbent will manage and coordinate Organizational Development and Change Management in line with the corporate strategy.
- Directly work with Management Team to coordinate the staff performance management process and instill a high performance culture.
- Initiate, design and effect appropriate recruitment, selection, and placement policies and procedures in line with the Terms and conditions of service.
- Develop and implement cost effective fleet management, asset management systems and procedures that support the realization of REA’s strategic objectives.
- Build systems for implementation of effective training, development and leadership programs in line with the REA’s strategy and objectives.
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of the Unit/Section of Administration and Human Resource Business Plans and Budgets.
- Ensure staff insurance schemes are in place and are effectively managed.
- Ensure implementation of health, safety and welfare services in line with the Human Resources Policies.
- Regularly monitor and enforce standards of service delivery including core values by staff.
- Perform any other duties in line with the function that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Principal Administration & Human Resources Officer job opportunity should a Master’s degree in Public Administration and Management with a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, or Masters in Human Resource Administration and Management.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s Degree with honours in Public Administration and Management, Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Psychology, Sociology or related discipline.
- A minimum of ten years working experience in leading Human Resource and staff supervision.
- Previous experience of working with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline