Job Title: Principal Accountant
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Director Finance & Administration
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Principal Accountant will be tasked with the preparation and maintenance of accounts and associated financial records/reports, ensure proper financial management and accountability of the Authority’s funds
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other periodic accounts required;
- Supervise all aspects of the organizational accounting, treasury, payables and credit functions;
- Manage the development of financial accounting systems required to ensure that financial management and accounting systems are maintained;
- Actively participate in planning and budgeting processes to ensure that clear guidelines are available to the budget holders;
- Review monthly report data by the finance team and ensure that accounts are accurately charged and coded to respective cost centers;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management and for audit purposes;
- Manages the work of finance team by ensuring that all financial transactions are processed in timely manner, ensure that expenses are adequately budgeted and accurately coded;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements;
- Prepare quarterly, half yearly and end of year trial balances;
- Administer the commitment control system and ensure timely returns and reports;
- Prepare commitment requisitions as transactions occur and instant updating of the vote book among others;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized University/Institution.
- Full professional accounting qualifications like ACCA or CPA and must be a member of the Institute of certified Accountants of Uganda.
- Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Computer Literate and shall be required to show proof.
- Training/experience in the use of Integrated Financial Management Systems is a must.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1s July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline