Organisation: Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Group Chief Executive Officer
Job Ref No: PA001
The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi), a group of registered companies namely aBi Trust and aBi Finance Ltd, is a multi-stakeholder entity co-founded in July 2010 by the Governments of Uganda and Denmark through DANIDA and the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development respectively, with the objective to promote “Private sector agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation.” The development objective of the aBi Trust is building a self-sustaining export-led economy in which the benefits are shared by all Ugandans, and its immediate objective is to strengthen the competitiveness of Uganda’s agricultural and agro-processing sector. It does this through Value Chain Development (VCD) of six value chains (Coffee, Cereals, Pulses, Horticulture, Dairy and Oil Seeds) and Financial Services Development (FSD).
aBi Finance Ltd is the investment arm of aBi that aims to enable the Trust to meet its programme activities in a sustainable manner by offering financing for agribusiness development through Lines of Credit, Agribusiness Loan Guarantees and the Construction Guarantees Fund.
Job Summary: The Personal Assistant will provide professional, confidential, secretarial/administrative support to the CEO, for efficient planning, directing, managing and coordination of day-to-day organizational activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and manage the CEO’s schedules and related logistics to ensure that s/he can efficiently meet their timelines and execute their duties and other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer:
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar for the CEO ensuring proper scheduling and management of activities, any changes to venue or time are brought to the attention of the CEO in good time.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date contact list for CEO’s business engagements.
- Coordinate and manage (i.e. compile itinerary, plan accommodation, prepare documentation, make meeting appointments and follow up all logistical support) for the CEO’s for all business travel.
- Organise facilities for business meetings in support of the CEO’s activities– book venues, plan for and provide logistics – equipment, stationery, refreshments, and other facilitation for Board of Trustees, Directors’ and Staff meetings.
- The incumbent will coordinate technical assistance whenever possible or make arrangements to make it available as and when needed.
2. Provide efficient and effective administrative/secretarial services to the CEO in order to facilitate achievement of intended objectives:
- Compose, review, proof read and/or, format correspondence – e-mails, letters, memos and other official documentation to or from staff, the board of trustees, clients, partners and other stakeholders (internal and external).
- Work in liaison with the Board Secretary, prepare agendas and minutes of all board and board committee meetings, ensuring that action lists are availed and followed up by relevant persons in a timely fashion.
- Prepare minutes of Senior Management meetings, when requested, for referencing and follow up.
3. Manage internal and external correspondences to and from the CEO’s office:
- Answer, screen and route calls or other verbal correspondence, managing call back lists or other necessary follow on actions as appropriate, making sure that there is no loss of vital facts and timely feedback is given.
- Receive, open, sort, screen and prioritise all incoming written correspondence for the CEO for follow up and appropriate response.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Personal Assistant job placement should hold a degree in Bachelors in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration
- A minimum of four years of post-graduate experience working in an Executive Officer environment
- Previous experience in Customer Service Delivery
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in MS Office
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prior office management experience
- Reporting / Documentation/ Letter writing and records keeping experience
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online by clicking on link below and following the instructions.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 12:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline