Job Title: Operations Manager
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client, an international Cleaning and Janitorial service provider in Uganda with head office in Sweden.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an organization. The operations manager is mainly responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Keenly review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability.
- Prepare and control operational budgets.
- Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Best Practices:
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- The jobholder will formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
- Keenly monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources:
- Plan the use of human resources.
- Organize recruitment and placement of required staff.
- Establish organizational structures.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities.
- Establish work schedules.
- Supervise staff.
- Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods.
- Regularly monitor performance and implement improvements.
- Ensure quality of products.
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Offer technical support where necessary.
- Keenly monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service:
- Manage customer support.
- Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input:
- Act as a key liaison with top management.
- Render support in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Implement and manage operational plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Social Sciences, business administration or management.
- At least five to seven years’ experience in Industry relevant production and project management
- Working knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Working knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Delegation, team work and negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 10th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline