Job Title: Officer- Finance Systems Support
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Management Accounting
Job Code: HRM/071/613
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer- Finance Systems Support will be tasked with monitoring the upgrades, deployment and the general performance of the finance system(s) to facilitate continuous automation of Finance processes for efficiency
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage access control and usage of the Finance system(s) to improve system security and integrity
- Establish and maintain user accounts and pass words for all users of the Finance System(s)
- Prepare and continuously communicate User guidelines to all users of the Finance system
2. Keenly review, authorize and monitor the performance of system changes and recommend corrective measures for improvement
- Keenly analyse the impact of the changes in laws that affect CSD business on the Finance system(s) and make recommendations for systems improvement
- Submit system development product to the system development team, and advise the manager to authorize deployment after successful testing
- Coordinate the analysis and/or verification of the issues raised by clients to identify the actual system problem and determine the appropriate intervention to be undertaken
- Coordinate interface activities with other departments and other systems and advise the Manager to authorize systems deployment on confirmation of testing report
- Identify needs for system changes and Manage system data changes and implementation on the main server
3. Manage the Finance System infrastructure to enable effective functionality of the system
- Keenly monitor contracts between URA and the various service providers in respect to the Finance system(s) to ensure compliance to the agreed terms and conditions
- Run occasional end-to-end User Verification Tests to ensure that the entire system performs well and proactively recommend interventions in case of any functionality challenges detected
4. Monitor and coordinate the analysis of systems risks so as to guarantee systems Security
- Regularly analyse the system down time log to identify key issues that affect the system and make recommendations for fixing the gaps observed
- Analyze and respond to, or escalate queries from users to facilitate improved system performance.
- Engage IT Leadership and ICT Security team for any IT security risks observed and discuss emerging report
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the URA Officer- Finance Systems Support job placement should hold an Honors Bachelor’s degrees in an Information Technology related discipline from a recognized University
- Professional certification in financial and accounting applications / systems is desired
- Working knowledge of accounting packages / software used by medium to large business.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology standards
- Working knowledge of public sector entity business processes and accounting procedures.
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in Supporting Finance systems in a fairly large Organization
- Successful deployment and customisation of medium to large accounting software in fairly large organisations.
- Skilled in the migration of large volumes of financial data to new applications.
- Working knowledge of managing databases and developing interface solutions in a finance related environment
- Skilled in designing reports to meet user and entity requirements
- Skilled in end user training in accounting packages
- Proficient in systems support.
- Systems analysis and design capabilities.
- Excellent data analysis and decision making capability
- Ability to negotiate and network for information purposes
- He/she should have good Inter personal relations and communication skills
- Good Customer Care skills
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Good reporting and presentation skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: Thursday, 23rd June 2016 at 11:59pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline