Job Title: Office Manager
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9102
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Office Manager will mainly be responsible for overseeing facilities and office operations. The incumbent works to ensure a safe, clean, workplace; managing all general office services and supplies, inventory management. From time to time s/he will be called upon to assist with meeting and workshop logistics. S/he ensures that the department operates as a cohesive, unit providing high-quality service to the project within the framework of local laws, MSH policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilities Services:
- Regularly carry out and monitor office and administrative activities to ensure smooth support is provided, and in accordance with defined procedures and processes.
- Manage building and generator maintenance, and general office security.
- Ensure staff safety including fire and safety checks and plans; arrange emergency drills and practice evacuation; respond to office emergencies appropriately.
- The incumbent will identify any office repairs needed and coordinate proper repair work, including fumigation
- Manage cleaning and security vendor agreements and relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Update and maintain office files, ensures that all correspondence are properly copied and filed in accordance with filling system and records retention policy.
- Ensure office supplies are procured timely and stocks properly monitored; that payments to office service providers and vendors are processed timely in order to avoid service interruptions
- Ensure all office facilities functions are supervised accordingly including reception, cleaners and guards.
- Ensure the yard is kept in good state of maintenance at all times
- The jobholder will support HR as delegated to ensure job requisitions, interview planning are handled properly as well as managing project staff orientation process.
- Assist in welcoming visitors and orientation of new employees, setting up work space and addressing any issues that arise
- Working with the leadership team, plan periodic staff and other meetings
2. Asset, Property and Inventory Management:
- In charge of property management and office inventory; ensuring that complete record of assets, equipment and inventories (asset register) are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor regulations. Ensure assets are allocated and signed for properly as well as perform periodic asset verification.
- Carry out inventory reviews and update inventory tracking records and reports quarterly
- Manage system to ensure safe keeping and usage of all in-country property under MSH stewardship, including proper insurance of assets.
- Assist with coordinating inventory dispositions as approved.
- Ensure equipment is available and serviced regularly
- Ensure that adequate security and oversight is in place to safeguard all assets on the premises.
- Assist in the coordination of any insurance claims for damaged, lost, stolen property.
3. Stores and Stock Management:
- Oversee management of Stores for office consumables, program supplies including monitoring stock levels and ascertaining re-order levels .
- Inspect goods at receipt, including issuing GRVs and recording receipts in stock cards.. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged at the time of receipt, and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
- Keep track of movement of the items in and out of the stores and to the final destination(s).
- Ensure the availability of adequate amount of supplies and materials regularly required for smooth operation of project activities.
- Coordinate with Procurement Unit to assist in the procurement of goods and services when stocks run low
- Maintaining an inventory tracker for items tagged and labeled in the stores, ensuring that items do not leave the stores until they have been tagged and labeled accordingly.
- Ensure the safety and security of the stock, ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place to guard against theft, fire or any form of destruction.
- Capture data and update stock orders in a computerized inventory system; prepare monthly stock reports for review by the Director, Finance and Operations.
- Overseeing and supervising staff who maybe requested to support your area of implementation.
4. Meeting Space and Workshop Logistics:
- Maintain calendar for booking office boardrooms, and ensure setup for meetings is provided timely (tea, meals, supplies, phone, etc.)
- Offer support in arranging and planning of internal events and conferences (holiday parties, team building events, etc.)
- Assist with bookings for project specific workshops and events as needed; identify external venues, caterers, transporters, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Office Manager should preferably hold a Degree in Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of administrative experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and learn complex procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with managing an office and ability to work as an effective team player
- Working knowledge of donor regulations preferred.
- Computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
- Good supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline