Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Organisation: Office of the Prime Minister (OPM)
Project Name: World Bank Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director / NUSAF3
The Government of Uganda has received a credit from the International Development Association/ World Bank towards the cost of the Third Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF3) Project. The development objective of NUSAF3 is to provide effective income support to and build the resilience of poor and vulnerable households in Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will offer support in the development, management and the implementation of the PRDP and NUSAF 2 Monitoring and Evaluation System to ensure effective tracking of progress in Project implementation against Project goals and objectives and provide information for planning and management of Project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation strategy that will ensure tracking of all project inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact results.
- Offer support in the development, maintenance and operation of the Monitoring and Evaluation System for effective monitoring of inputs and results in liaison with the Information Technology Officer.
- Ensure the proper operation of the Management Information System through data updates, regularly checking on data integrity and working in collaboration with the ICT officers.
- Offer technical support to Project Management and the Local Governments on data collection, Mentor and train Project staff in the use of the M&E system and the application of M&E tools.
- Supervise the collection of information for analyzing the Project performance.
- Prepare quarterly, annual and other periodic project progress reports
- Keenly monitor the progress of ongoing subprojects to ensure adherence to set standards and specifications and agreed implementation time schedules;
- Work closely with other institutions to monitor and evaluate aspects of poverty alleviation in areas of NUSAF operations.
- Actively facilitate the design and implementation of studies, surveys, mid-term review and end of Project and impact evaluations.
- Guide and make appropriate recommendations to Management on identified project implementation strategies and project targets and operational problems through reports, review meetings and site visits.
- Generate specific outputs (deliverables) as determined from time to time in the respective projected work plans for each quarter.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Developing and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation system/Strategy for NUSAF 3;
- Responsible for training of Project Staff on monitoring & evaluation;
- Collection of monitoring and evaluation information;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and annual reports;
- Monitoring the progress of on-going projects
- Design the implementation of studies and surveys;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank NUSAF3 Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist career opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography, Population Studies, Statistics, Economics, or any other related subjects from a reputable University
- A minimum of eight years of direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale national Projects
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the application of Computer statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Excel) and basic computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must.
- Possession of additional training in impact evaluation, familiarity with the operations and use of GIS in monitoring and evaluation are added advantages
- Significant experience in data processing and management of large scale surveys.
- Previous exposure and experience in conducting a research study including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven high level of integrity in handling public resources and in executing duties.
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams
- Result-focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send cover letters and updated CVs via email only to email@example.com
- Please indicate the Post Title in the Subject line when applying
- Submitted copies should strictly be in PDF and all in one document
- Relevant academic documents will be required at the interview stage.
- Only E-mail applications will be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline