Job Title: Marketing, Research and Development Manager
Organization: Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL) is a franchisee of Profiles International Inc. (PII), a Waco, Texas, USA-based firm that provides solutions to a wide range of Human Resource challenges. PII is the recognised world leader in employee evaluation and human resource solutions. PIUL is a private limited liability company registered in Uganda. It started business in March 2005. It is franchisee of Profiles International Inc. (PII), a Waco, Texas, USA-based firm that provides solutions to a wide range of Human Resource challenges. PII is the recognised world leader in employee evaluation and human resource solutions. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, one of the leading Insurance Companies in Uganda and has been in operation for several years duly licensed by the Insurance Regulatory Authority.
Job Summary: The Marketing, Research and Development Manager will provide overall leadership, guidance, planning controlling and monitoring of all marketers and sales force; and coordinate with both internal and external stake holders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will actively contribute to the development and refinement of Company’s vision and strategy. Support the overall process of management and company decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium, and long-term profitability and shareholder returns.
- Work closely with other executive heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, review, and report on the business development division’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the sales and marketing team.
- Responsible for the management of the overall business development function including:
- Impact positively the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results through sales and marketing.
- Carry out competition and market analysis trends through research and development
- Develop and lead the business development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Works closely with Public Relations to ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning
- Presents plans and budget for Board approval and prudently manage resources within those budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical company governance guidelines
- Develop, establish, and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Effective management of the marketing, sales, advertising and promotional activities of the organization where the main responsibilities under marketing will include the following:
- Carry out market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
- Conduct analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Responsible for the effective supervision of branch offices and management of the set target
- Responsible for effective planning and management of the expansion strategy
- Formulate and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- Keenly monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and targets
- Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget framework
- Develop pricing strategy
- Work closely with media and advertising
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University Degree in Marketing or Social Sciences /Arts; professional qualifications in insurance certificate CII or diploma CII or its equivalent.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Economics, Marketing or related discipline will be an added advantage
- At least ten years’ experience in Insurance industry or financial institution, or Marketing field at a senior level
- Possession of knowledge in management information systems and Insurance industry is a must whereas financial management will be of an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills, communications skills, report writing skills, negotiations, analytical, problem solving skills and interpersonal /people skills.
- Teamwork, time management and mobilization, innovation /creativity with ability to work under minimum supervision and for long hours.
- High level of integrity, being accountable with commitment to quality and thoroughness
- Excellent command of the English language, fluent in local languages and Swahili will be added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send the applications and detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials, postal address, daytime telephone contacts and names of three referees to the National Director using the address below.
Apply to: The National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited,
P. O. Box 3024, Kampala Uganda
OR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR hand deliver your application from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 pm, to our offices located on Plot 26B, Tufnell Drive-Kamwokya, Kampala.
NB: For any inquiries, please call this number: +256 751 423 176
Deadline: 30th June, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline