Job Title: Marketing Manager (2 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Kiboko Group
Duty Station: Namuwongo, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Kiboko Group was established in 1992 with the incorporation of Kiboko Enterprises in Uganda. Initially focused on the distribution of roofing sheets, the business has since expanded in a group of four diversified companies. These range from pharmaceutical distribution, pharmaceutical manufacturing, distribution of fast-moving consumer goods and premium-quality financial services. Through its vision, the company has retained a close connection to the communities it serves, by supporting countrywide medical campaigns in Uganda and supporting the development of local talent. The company is headquartered in Uganda, Kampala and has operational offices across East Africa, in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager will support the marketing function in running promotions, marketing budgets, advertising and ensuring brand visibility, and should possess good business skills, knowledge of electronic products that the company deals in, in addition to good management skills. The incumbent will provide a consultative approach to create an innovative solution(s) that best fits the needs of each individual client. The incumbent will oversee all business and operational areas under the rules, regulations and guidelines of Kiboko Enterprises Limited and/or Kiboko group of companies while ensuring the accomplishment of goals and targets given by the management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out daily market visits and reports
- Market development: getting new clients
- Ensuring new opportunities are explored and that sales for all products in domestic market are adequately promoted.
- Responsible for ensuring penetration of all business opportunities with Ministries, NGO’s, Private institutions, Corporate Customers, Embassies etc.
- Market follow-up: Constant information relevant to our products/ competitor products in the market and updating reports.
- Market research: Collecting information relevant to our products/ competitor products in the market and updating reports.
- Constantly monitoring the set Marketing Executive targets and working to achieve the goals.
- Running promotions, advertising and ensuring brand visibility
- In charge of the implementation of the marketing budget in liaison with Chief Operations Officer and Chief Executive Officer
- Guide management on maximizing distribution of products throughout the region.
- Follow-up with the customers & overdue credits pending collections (bad debt).
- Invite existing and potential customers to our existing factories and new projects to see our product lines.
- Oversee the identification of new business opportunities
- Assuring the best service to the customers and that customer complaints are properly attended to at all sales points.
- Maintain a strong company brand and benchmark in the market by proactively sourcing, identifying and managing business from new and existing business channels
- Manage all customer complaints.
- In charge of advising customers on product options available.
- Carry out periodic customer service surveys/ questionnaire analysis
- In charge of monitoring marketing targets and generation of performance statistics
- Providing leadership to the sales & marketing team and developing a profitable book of business with licensed intermediaries and direct clients.
- Promoting the marketing and sales of Philips products.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by management relating to Sales and Marketing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Graduate in Marketing or business related field. Professional qualification in Marketing, Management studies, or its equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience in marketing of FMCGs products
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity
- Tenacity and persistence – ability to overcome rejection and “bounce back” from rejection with an optimistic, energized outlook
- Goal driven – ability to thrive in a results driven environment
- Financial management skills
- Good management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Marketing and Sales Skills
- Customer care & Management Skills
- Broad knowledge of electronics products (Philips products)
- Good computer skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work under minimum or no supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (If required).
- Honest, professional, high achiever with Strong and ethical performance Coachable and highly competitive spirit
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Open and Decisive.
- Language: Intermediate level of English and any other local languages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs either by hand delivery to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
Vie E-mail to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org (Please kindly indicate “Application _Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email)
Deadline: 17th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline