Job Title: Marketing & Communication Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of the Total Group. Total Group operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and is one of the major players in the energy sector. In Uganda, we are major players in the oil and gas sector with a marketing and distribution network covering the entire country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing marketing communications and promotional campaigns
- Build, work closely and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as sales teams, media, business groups, trade partners, employees for a strong strategy delivery.
- Build a clear brand proposition and ensure that a coherent brand message is delivered across all communication segments within the framework set by TOTAL Group. Ensure the products or services match the brand positioning.
- Carry out a strategic communications plan to promote, protect and differentiate the organization’s brand and image within the marketplace.
- Provide guidance to both internal marketing resources and external agencies in order to achieve an effective communication strategy.
- Manage and provide key insight into the marketing and communication budget and maintain overall responsibility for all communications spending.
- Manage and evaluate external creative and media agencies and supervise delivery of their work as per agreed KPIs.
- Measurement of results and communicating recommendations for on-going improvement to senior management.
- Offer support in PR activities of the company including preparation of brief in line with Group guidelines
- Minimize negative publicity by implementing the crisis management strategies, contingency plans, messaging statements and briefings with key stakeholders.
- Publish internal newsletters.
- Organize internal events and manage group-wide intranets to ensure cross-divisional communications.
- Identify target markets and work with the research teams exploring consumer insights.
- Assist the Managing Director and the Management Team in company representation and internal/external communication activities with specific reference to social investments/ corporate Responsibility.
- Actively participate in cross-branch projects with Total E&P Uganda with relation to implementing Group Communication projects.
- Take part in the realization of the Innovation campaigns; meet required deadlines on innovation projects and activities.
- Manage the Group Digital portfolio and meet all required deadlines on projects and activities.
- Support to the innovation correspondent as well as other brand promoting campaigns by other departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the TOTAL Marketing & Communication Manager job placement should hold a Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a bias in marketing.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in marketing or communication preferably of Fast Moving Commercial Goods
- Previous experience working with websites and digital tools / social marketing tools would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplined/cross-functional teams.
- Able to think strategically, remain focused, and deliver project goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain healthy relationships with internal and internal contacts as well as agencies, professional bodies, and media.
- Strong conceptual and innovative skills.
- Highly self-driven
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 1st July 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline