Job Title: Manager Risk
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Manager Risk will provide support MSC to effectively manage the risk profile by developing and implementing risk management frameworks based on recognized international risk management methodologies which are aligned to MSC's corporate goals and objectives and promoting a culture of risk awareness and control to ensure sustainable growth of MSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define MSC’s risk profile and put in place frameworks (policies, procedures and systems) for identification, assessment, measurement, quantification, mitigation and reporting risk exposures to management and the Board.
- Develop an integrated risk management plan in line with MSC's strategic plan on an annual basis.
- Assess risk exposure associated with credit/loan disbursement and recommend risk mitigation measures to management and Board.
- Carry out a review of MSC's operating environment and its corporate strategy to identify significant exposures and advise management and the Board.
- Actively promote a culture of risk awareness and control across MSC through sensitization and training of staff.
- Develop, test and maintain a MSC wide business continuity plan.
- Provide leadership, management and development of the staff.
Key Result Areas:
- Planning and designing of the organization wide risk management strategy.
- Coordinate the implementation of the risk management process/plan for the organization.
- Company risk training, evaluation and reporting.
- Management, performance and development of staff in the unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree (Honours) in a quantitative discipline e.g. Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Science, and Quantitative Economics from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s degree in a business-related field is an advantage
- Full Professional accounting qualifications like CPA, ACCA with a risk management related qualifications.
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in a financial services sector with a reputable institution.
- Good IT/computer skills and a demonstrated ability to apply these skills in meeting the objectives of the risk management role.
- Good managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High levels of integrity.
- Ability to develop others.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Customer care and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 20th June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline