Job Title: Manager Product Control
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17706
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager Product Control will support Stanbic Bank in the following;
- Measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the Global markets business.
- Provide assurance that the GM trading activities are conducted in compliance with regulations governing transactions in the financial markets
- Ensure integrity and thorough substantiation of the GM balance sheet
- Managing the planning and performance management process of the GM business and providing sufficient MI and support to the Heads, GM and CIB Finance.
- Ensure that balance sheet items have been subjected to independent price verification and that valuation adjustments/provisions if any have been made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Provide accounting input for all new products.
- Member of the IFC committee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring product Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
- Active monitoring of the bank’s currency risk exposure and ensuring that all currency positions generated (SAP, core-banking…) from different systems are sold/ transferred to GM for active management.
- Provide monthly performance analysis and commentary of the GM business on margins, performance drivers and economic outlook.
- Reporting on the quality of assets and liabilities on the balance sheet in line with IFRS 7, IFRS 9, IAS 39, IAS 32 and IAS 18.
- Ensure that that all assets and liabilities on the balance sheet have been subjected to independent price verification and that any valuation adjustments/provisions have been made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Support disclosures within financial statements
- Independent verification and reconciliation of currency positions
- Understanding the strategies that are driving revenues on the balance sheet.
- Provide support to the GM business during the budgeting cycles with relevant and timely MI for guidance and ensure that locked in numbers are as agreed with Centre and in country stakeholders (GM and Finance).
- Understanding balance sheet funding and the cost of funding concepts
- Daily and monthly application of valuation adjustments and provisions
- Provide accounting decision support during the launch of new products and product specific system implementations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager Product Control job vacancy should hold an Accounting, Economics, Finance or related degree
- Professional certifications i.e. ACCA, or CFA
- ACI dealing certificate an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience as a financial analyst.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of desktop applications ( MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with MIS applications an added advantage
- Working knowledge of SAP, core-banking systems and Calypso is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline