Job Title: Manager, Makerere University Guest House
Organisation: Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings) is the entrepreneurial arm of the University established by Makerere University Council to manage her commercial assets and interests.
Job Summary: The Manager will operate the Guest House being hands-on to work with the service team and meet the daily operation requirements. The incumbent will ensure a top notch customer service experience and should be knowledgeable in hotel procedures, reservation systems, financial and people management. The successful manger will be responsible for front office operations, management of housekeeping routines and schedules, financial management as well as the management of the kitchen, the on-site restaurant and out-side catering.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective Leadership, manage and oversee all departments within the Guest House.
- Drive the broader goals of the Guest House in relation to all outlets mentioned above
- The incumbent will plan and manage the day to day operations effectively.
- Strive to grow and expand the business (e.g. occupancy rates, service clientele) to ensure consistent acquisition and maintenance of Guests
- Facilitate team development through the Training Plan
- Ensure the required policies, procedures and administrative systems and controls are effectively in place to protect company assets
- Charged with day-to-day guest interaction to receive feedback and actively implement necessary action
- Forecast anticipated volumes of business and plan accordingly
- Develop and work within the annual/monthly budget
- Leading, training and motivating the Team
- Revenue and cost management to guarantee increased profitability
- The incumbent will manage the process of balancing hotel inventory
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting in departmental stock takes
- Compilation of all room, service, stores and financial reports
- Adherence to all company practices, policies and procedures
- Involvement in the recruitment process of Departmental Staff.
- Maintain a high level of security and safety including first aid services
- Market and maintain high visibility of the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Manager should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Bachelor's in Tourism and Hospitality Management or a related field;
- A minimum of five years of senior hotel management experience; three of which should be of practical experience gained in all hotel operations;
- Demonstrate hotel business expansion ability and experience;
- Demonstrate capacity and ability to identify and build beneficial business partners for smooth operations, profit maximization and business development;
- Very well conversant with hotel costing to manage expenditure to ensure profitability;
- Ability to establish and drive the business service quality implementation plan Desirable
- Proven track record of professional hotel business management that meets stakeholder expectations with ability to effect systems to protect business assets;
- Risk assessment and management with ability to effectively manage debt obligations;
- The incumbent should be abreast with hotel trends and developments in the industry
- Result oriented with high ethical standards and integrity;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a measured risk-taker;
- Effective written and verbal communication;
- Ability to work long hours
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should address their applications to: Acting Chief Executive Officer, Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings Ltd) and hand deliver them to: Lincoln Flat C1, P.O. Box 7062 Kampala, Makerere University
Deadline: 17th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline