Job Title: Manager Investigations
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Manager Security and Investigations
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Manager Investigations will be in charge of developing and implementing a system for conducting investigations into any offense contravening the Bank’s policy procedures and local Laws committed by a staff or non - staff, initiate prosecution process where applicable and advise management on the way forward.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, set standards and coordinate the implementation of investigation work plans in line with the Bank’s security guidelines.
- Develop and implement a system for investigating situations reported, call police and other authorities to investigate suspicious activities and generate incidental reports in line with the Bank’s guidelines.
- Prepare and submit investigation reports to management in line with the Bank and security guidelines.
- Work closely with police to conduct staff vetting before they are recruited into service of the Bank as per HRP and applicable law.
- Manage performance of staff under direct supervision in accordance with the performance Management guidelines.
- Guide management on all security related issues affecting the company, its property and staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Manager Investigations job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field, Computer Science and Psychology an added advantage
- Certifications in Fraud Investigations; e.g. Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator, Certified Fraud Examiner
- Auditing related qualifications an added advantage
- Proven ability to use Computer Aided Audit Techniques like IDEA, Audit Command Language (ACL)
- Previous experience in Audit related and investigations roles preferably in a Banking institution or with exposure to conducting Audit / Investigations in Banking institutions
- Exposure to Bank policies, processes and procedures especially in Branch Operations and Lending
- Prior exposure and experience in using IT techniques / tools in investigations
- Good investigative and interviewing skills
- Data mining and IT Analytics
- Working knowledge of the legal framework and mechanics of fraud
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate information.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline