Job Title: Manager, Dairy Development
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority's Mission is "To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda".
Job Summary: The Manager, Dairy Development will oversee the development function of the Authority to increase milk production and productivity and lead in the development and implementation of strategies and best practices among the dairy farmer groups/co-operatives, milk traders, milk transporters and processors. Also, the incumbent will improve the level of understanding of the general public about the benefits of milk and dairy products consumption by developing appropriate messages to different target beneficiaries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the implementation of the National Dairy Strategy (NDS);
- Collect, analyze and disseminate dairy production, processing and marketing data; including import and export;
- The incumbent will coordinate various dairy development activities such as dairy extension, dairy breeding, dairy research, training and dairy products development; Co-ordinate dairy processing, marketing and consumption promotional activities and messages like trade fairs , conferences and media adverts; Register and train dairy farmers marketing organizations;
- Develop strategies to increase milk production, marketing, processing and consumption; including export;
- Build and strengthen key partnerships and maintain effective communication and bilateral working relationship between the Authority and all stakeholders in the dairy industry; including Local Governments;
- Write proposals towards raising resources for the development of the dairy sector;
- Prepare and present regular progress/performance reports of the department;
- Guide the Executive Director on the dairy industry development policies in respect of provision of linkages between research, extension providers and extension support to dairy farmers;
- Implement Government Policy designed to promote the development of the dairy sector.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University Degree in Dairy Science and Technology, Veterinary Medicine, Agribusiness Management, Animal production Technology & management or any related fields;
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in relevant fields plus a Post Graduate qualification in Management;
- At least five years’ experience and working knowledge of the Dairy Industry in Uganda
- Good management skills gained from working at Senior management level for not less than 5 years in Government or other reputable organizations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capable of working as a team leader;
- The applicant should be highly innovative and a creative thinker;
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1s July, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline