Job Title: M&E Officer
Organisation: Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer supports the process of continuous improvement in the organization and enhances programme quality. The incumbent will develop and maintain responsibility for M&E related processes, data collection, collation, analysis and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the individual departments, develop tailored frameworks and plans to enable robust monitoring of their performance and quality. (This will also include preparation of annual plans and budgets.)
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) elements of the various organization projects/programs are completed as required.
- The incumbent will serve as the in house reference point for all research issues related to the programs and as the custodian for that information
- Responsible for designing and developing all the necessary project monitoring tools and train relevant HFHU and partner staff on their use
- Develop the necessary indicators and participate in defining key research questions for impact assessment and other Action Research areas of interest.
- Participate and in some instances take leadership of various studies that will be undertaken during the course of the project (mapping exercise, market research, impact studies, midterm and end term evaluation etc.) This will include participating in their design and implementation.
- Support in the identification and selection of short-term subject matter experts/consultants as required.
- Regularly verify that the various programs are being implemented according to the goal, objectives and outputs established and document this in quarterly reports
- Participate in documenting key lessons and cases and produce relevant learning outputs for the broader industry
- Manage the process of reporting in the Habitat for Humanity International GMT system, inclusive of data collection & quality assurance.
- ensure that learnings from the projects and evaluations are well documented and made available to relevant stakeholders; as well as observe and record those tendencies, patterns and information gaps necessary to improve programme design and decision-making.
- Actively participate in HFHI programme M&E networks and communities of practice and other areas as required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned in alignment with the objectives of Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the M&E Officer job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a recognized qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- A minimum of five years of operational M&E experience
- Proven experience in impact assessment & evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge of Research and Evaluation methodologies, standards and practices
- Previous exposure and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and GIS mapping.
- Familiar with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, a detailed CV and copies of relevant academic credentials via email addressed to: The Human Resource Department.
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline