Job Title: Logistics Manager (East Africa)
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create maintenance and workshop budgets, submit for approval
- Prepare and submit monthly summary report of repair history for each truck
- Monthly truck performance forecasts
- Implement procedures of vehicle management
- The incumbent will implement procedures of journey management
- Driver management process
- Responsible for safety management
- Manage Daily inspection of trucks
- Develop maintenance programs
- In charge of workshop safety management
- Analyses daily departmental reports and submit to the MD
- Set tools and objectives for transport department
- Set goals for transport department
- Attend and preside over safety meetings
- Promote company’s mission and values
- Ensure workshop inventory is stocked and consistently replenished
- Ensure high customer and client satisfaction on logistic
- Motivate and encourage employees in your area
- Create and implement Insurance management procedure
- Implement incident management policy and procedure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, industrial engineering or logistics.
- Additional diploma/Certificate in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is desired
- A minimum of five to ten years’ hands-on experience working in a supply chain or logistics department.
- Previous experience in Automotive work environment
- Works in a fast-paced, often stressful environment.
- Spends time between a private office space using computer technology to walking through warehouses and out on loading docks to directly oversee supervision of projects.
- Displays effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Possesses excellent complex problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrates strong active listening and reading comprehension skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective manager and leader.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of computer systems and programs relevant to the industry.
- Exhibits good customer service skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: email@example.com
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _ Logistics Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 30th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline