Job Title: Logistics Manager
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Logistics Manager will be tasked with organizing the storage and distribution of goods by managing and coordinating transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement material flow management systems to meet sustainable production requirements.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, and customer issues.
- Keenly monitor product purchasing to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and best practices.
- Maintain rapport with suppliers and customers to improve supply chain efficiency and sustainability.
- The incumbent will develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply during emergency scenarios.
- Ensure supplier chain efficiency by liaising with suppliers as required and in accordance with policies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Implement effective material flow system
- Develop efficient and effective transport system
- Achieve supplier and demand variability targets in relation to production deadlines
- Periodic Audit reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Procurement Management, Supply Chain management or other related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Logistics position in a reputable organization.
- Previous experience in warehousing, storage , import and export procedures.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- Familiarity with URA tax clearing software
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita via E-mail addressed to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline