Job Title: Leadership Project Officer
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Capacity Building Technical Lead
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The Leadership Project Officer will support the CCL leadership facilitator to roll out CCL’s leadership training to district government and CSO staff. The incumbent will also be responsible for preparing facilitation materials, organizing the trainings at district and sub county level, monitoring and coaching the trainees and reporting to CCL and to CRS. The leadership Project Officer will be the key technical coordinator with CCL.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the CCL leadership facilitator in conducting facilitation workshops
- Prepare facilitation materials, ensuring the translation and printing of facilitation manuals, and preparation of training rooms for workshop activities;
- In charge of supervising and coordinating training cascade to lower levels by district officials;
- Ensure that during the training cascade, the curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives
- Prepare detailed feedback for the CCL lead facilitator
- Initially, with the support of the lead facilitator, then independently conduct field visits, troubleshoot and assess progress of the program
- Support the coaching of participants through the roll-out process and assess learning transmission and retention at the sub-county level
- Equip, train and coach the sub-county officials and CSO members
- Support assessment visits
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal and external counterparts
- Build and carefully manage relationship with CSOs, IPS and government counterparts
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping and produce documentation/reporting as required
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habit such as meeting deadlines, honouring schedules and coordinating services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CRS Leadership Project Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degrees in Administration, Social Sciences, Business Management or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO or UN Agency with a good understanding of project management, Administration, HR and Finance.
- Ability to plan resources and actions in order to ensure timely and efficient service delivery.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced office environment, ability to assimilate and analyze situations, plus skills in handling competing work priorities
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external counterparts at various levels.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) and social media (Facebook) required.
- Desire to work effectively in a team oriented environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with and experience with local government structures
- Personal Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Serves with Integrity, Models Stewardship, Cultivates Constructive Relationships, Promotes Learning
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters, CVs and three work references (names and contact information only) to email@example.com.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline