Job Title: Laboratory Services Manager
Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. Aids Health Care Foundation is registered in Uganda as Aids Health Care Foundation - Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Serere, Hoima and Tororo supporting 32 clinic sites country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Laboratory Services Manager will manage and supervise the Laboratory Coordinators at regional levels to ensure compliance to ethical guidelines and protocols by junior staff.
- Ensure that periodical quality reports are generated and submitted at all levels including to Ministry of Health and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the establishment of quality standards that among others address; operations, troubleshooting procedures; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Ensures adequate stock of medical and HIV diagnostics laboratory supplies and inventory by regular stock taking to determine inventory level; anticipated gaps; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Offers timely support in the planning function by monitoring workload of the key functional areas and by identifying peak and slack periods; advises management on making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Supports lab staff performance through career/conduct counselling and disciplining staff; setting performance key result areas and appraising target achievement
- Organize for educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks as a way of maintaining professionalism and technical knowledge
- Actively participates in acquisition of outsourced services by completing service requests forms and timely reviewing service bills and coding ; providing finance office with service codes.
- Ensures that all supervised staff adheres to professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Attends to conferences and any other duties as may be called upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related field with strong Medical laboratory skills.
- A minimum of two years working experience in Medical Laboratory Technology services at a level of management within the healthcare setting related to HIV/AIDS care program.
- Show commitment to the vision and mission of AHF-Uganda Cares
- Exceptional command of the English language
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and writing
- Follow instructions given in both verbal and written format
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should e-mail their applications (Cover Letter and CV Only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning position applied for in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered.
Send our hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resource Manager,
AHF - Uganda Cares,
Plot 548 Kira Road, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline