Job Title: Junior Product Controller
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 17701
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Junior Product Controller will support the Bank in the following;
Carry out and report daily, weekly, monthly profit and loss analyses, which include review of new deal activity and ensuring profits and losses, are supported by market data.
Conduct balance sheet substantiation exercises, including independent price verification review and valuation adjustments/provisions have been made in accordance with the appropriate IFRS. The incumbent will ensure a sound and effective internal control environment through daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations, general ledger data quality checks and submissions to relevant stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring product Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
- In charge of the preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that product balances on the Balance sheet and PnL reconcile to the source systems e.g. Calypso, Prime among others and that any variances are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily pnl reconciliations, analytical review and relevant commentary for the P&L movements for GM products
- Preparation and capturing month-end postings and reconciliations to the general ledger
- Daily reconciliation of the core-banking currency positions and decomposition of core-banking revaluation profit and loss
- Understanding the strategies that are driving revenues on the balance sheet
- Submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports and providing evidence of review by the relevant stakeholders through the approval tracker
- Monitoring and providing analysis on GM costs against budget
- Daily and monthly application of valuation adjustments and provisions
- Provide accounting decision support during the launch of new products and product specific system implementations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Junior Product Controller career vacancy should hold an Accounting, Economics, Finance or related degree
- Professional qualifications i.e. ACCA level 2, or CFA level 1
- ACI dealing certificate an added advantage
- One year of post qualification experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access. Working knowledge of SAP, Bank master, Finacle, Branch power and Calypso is added advantage.
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline