Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accounting Officer
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the preparation of annual and quarterly audit plans.
- In charge of reviewing internal control procedures and major financial and accounting systems to assess their adequacy and compliance;
- Responsible for examining, verifying and safeguarding assets within the Commission;
- Auditing Government of Uganda and donor funds within the Commission to ensure proper accountability and utilization;
- Conducting special investigations as appropriate;
- Compiling audit findings for discussion with management and preparing of quarterly reports and submitting the same to the Accounting Officer, Audit Committees, and Internal Auditor General in accordance with Public Finance Management Act 2015, Section 48.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Internal Auditor career opportunity should be a Ugandan who holds an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option) or Business Administration (Accounting Option) or Finance and Accounting, or Business Studies (Accounting Option) or Full Professional Accounting or Auditing qualifications from a recognized university/institution;
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience as an Internal Auditor in Government or an equivalent level of experience in internal audit from a reputable organization.
- The ideal candidate must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) and a member of Institute of Internal Auditor, Uganda.
- Computer literacy skills are desirable.
- Possession of CIA, CFE or CISA is an added advantage.
- Age: 22 years and above
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 13th June 2016 by 5.00pm
NB: Serving Government officers are encouraged to route applications through their Supervisors and Heads of Department.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline