Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will conduct the assigned audit assurance and consulting assignments in line with the professional standards and communicating any critical /significant findings to the audit manager for consideration thereby contributing to the Bank’s risk management, control and the achievement of organizational strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the planning (either individually or as part of team) of auditable areas including risk assessment and drawing up of audit programs so as to identify areas of great concern and focus of audit resources.
- Carry out audits either individually or as part of a team so as to give the assurance as to the effectiveness of controls and other risk mitigating measures.
- Write reports for the work done and make the necessary recommendations for improving controls and operational efficiency.
- Manage the audit files to ensure that audit findings are well supported.
- Identify and analyse causes of poor control performance and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Carry out special tasks including fraud investigations as assigned from time to time so as to achieve specified objectives.
- Prepare and re-examine working papers of completed audit projects to ensure that sufficient and reliable evidence has been gathered as a basis for reporting.
- Draft and submit reports in connection with working papers to ensure full and complete reporting in a professional manner prior to approval by the Chief Internal Auditor
- Identify and analyse causes of poor control performance and make suitable recommendations for improving management controls to ensure the achievement of Bank strategic objectives.
- Carry out special tasks as requested by the Chief Internal Auditor and/or management to support management achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for the creation of staff awareness on risk management to minimize operational losses.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time including special audit investigations, follow-ups on previous audit recommendations & consultancy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Internal Auditor career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business related discipline plus three years’ experience in a bank operational area or auditing firm/department.
- Full professional certification in accounting/auditing.
- Broad knowledge of the techniques, tests, and sampling methods involved in conducting audits and the requirements set forth in the standards for the professional practice of internal auditing.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Proven ability to collect, analyse and evaluate information and the preparation of written concise reports of work performed plus recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster cooperation and support of stakeholders.
- Possession of flexibility and ability to adapt appropriately to changing requirements and situations.
- Analytical and possession of an objective and probing mind.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of bank products, risks and processes.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 1st July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 15th July 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline