Organization: IMK Business Consultants (IMK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT. IMK Business Consultants would like to recruit for their valuable client, one of the leading furniture companies in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Interior Designer will be in charge of designing spaces inside the furniture show/display rooms and halls/buildings. The jobholder selects color schemes, window treatments, hardware and lighting fixtures, carpet, artwork, paint, and furniture. The incumbent works closely with architect on layout of rooms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with clients to design or renovate spaces to meet their standards.
- Enhance the function, safety, and aesthetics of interior spaces
- Select samples, including flooring, carpet, and paint to be approved by client.
- Choose color palettes.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Plan architectural detail such as crown molding and built-in bookshelves.
- Travel to galleries to purchase artwork for spaces.
- Work with vendors on the selection of pieces.
- The incumbent will negotiate prices.
- Plan and estimate budgets for projects.
- Submit drawings for approval by a construction inspector to ensure that the design meets building codes.
- Draw up floor plans and sketches.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create drawings.
- Supervise decorating of room.
- Hang drapes and artwork.
- Contract out services to other vendors, including painting and carpeting.
- Supervise assistants who carry out their plans and perform administrative tasks
- Arrange furniture and Coordinate work schedules.
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Interior Designer job should hold a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in a relevant field
- A minimum of four years’ experience in doing a similar assignment(s) or in a similar role/ project(s).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com. Please specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
Deadline: 8th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline