Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Head of Operations
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Uganda (Baylor -Uganda) is a private not for profit NGO that provides: HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services; maternal child health services; Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Manager will initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for developing the Human Resource department, aligning the business to the human resource function and harmonization of HR activities in line with the business strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of Human Resources Policies and procedures of Baylor-Uganda and the HR strategy in line with the strategic plan, donor guidelines and the Employment Act of Uganda.
- The jobholder will also initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of performance management systems, policies and procedures aligned with the HR strategy; mission of Baylor-Uganda and the public service; then cascade them to the individual level in line with the HR manual.
- Initiate, develop and monitor the Human Resources Planning, recruitment and selection, retention strategy and procedures in Baylor-Uganda and for the district supported staff in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission.
- The incumbent will initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of ‘Baylor-Uganda and district supported’ Staff development strategies in line with the Human Resource manual.
- The incumbent will initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of employee relations; Health & safety, and welfare systems among ‘Baylor- Uganda and district supported’ Staff in line with Baylor-Uganda’s HR Manual and partnership agreements with the districts.
- Maintain and update accessible Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for improved decision making in line with Baylor-Uganda’s objectives.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of an HR departmental operational plan and budget in line with the Baylor-Uganda mission and financial guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a competent and motivated “HR team” through implementing HR support activities in line with the Baylor-Uganda Human Resource Manual.
- Initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of a system, strategies, and procedures that align the HR department to line management in accordance with the business strategi objectives and the HR business partnership principles.
- Develop a 3 or 5 years ‘operation strategy based on holistic strategic thinking’ for the HR department and monitor its implementation through the periodic consolidated departmental Balanced Score Card in line with Baylor-Uganda’s strategic plan and HR Manual.
- The incumbent will develop and monitor the implementation of change management initiatives, coupled with strategic partnerships and networks to foster a strategically focused workforce in line with the Baylor-Uganda strategic plan.
- Initiate, develop and monitor a system, strategies and procedures that enhance the development of up-to-date business HR orientated practices like Client surveys, organizational cultural audits, Periodic talent audits, head count planning, and employee engagement surveys in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission.
- Regularly review and implement ex-official Board activities for the People and Organizational Development committee in line with the agreed upon related terms of reference.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree in HR or MBA (HR) or Masters in Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- A minimum of seven years working experience, four (4) years’ experience in HR at senior management level in a reputable organization, or in a reputable Non-Governmental
- The applicant should have working knowledge of HR strategic principles, and the updated
- HR nationally acceptable laws and regulations
- Good team ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Good networking and partnership skills.
- The applicant must be dynamic
- Highly persuasive and convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Age: Between 35-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 25th June 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline