Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Officer
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Officer will coordinate and provide human resource and administrative support to the smooth running of UWESO activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will coordinate the recruitment, selection and placement process of staff for the organisation
- Ensure the HR Policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters are Implemented and administered in a timely, equitable, systematic and transparent manner
- Work on compensation and benefits administration as well as labor relations.
- Coordinate the Performance management function of UWESO.
- Prepare HR work plans and budgets;
- The incumbent will manage the HR filing and data management system to ensure that all employee information is complete, accurate, easily retrieved and managed according to best practice.
- Ensure staff welfare services, cleanliness and hygiene of office premises
- The jobholder will strengthen the training and development function among all staff.
- Manage staff separation process including exit interviews, separation letters, clearance, while ensuring that the policies and procedures as well as the labour laws have been followed.
- Ensure employee relations between management and staff are clear, effectively established and maintained.
- Offer timely support to UWESO administrative functions such as ensuring management of UWESO assets, line management staff in the administration section, establishing and maintaining a system for the proper management of UWESO records, coordinating transport for staff field trips and town service as well as coordinating the procurement function and management of project based/ office goods and services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other related qualifications from recognized institutions of higher learning. Possession of a Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant HR and Administration continuous experience in an NGO setting.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the human resource and administration processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer skills
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline