Job Title: Head of Housekeeping
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL) is a private hospital in Kampala that opened its doors to outpatient treatment in March 2009 and inpatient treatment, the same year. Our mission is to provide quality medical care to patients, to fill the gap which is created by lack of adequate medical facilities in the country.
Job Summary: The Head of Housekeeping will oversee and control housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping/laundry department. The incumbent will co-ordinate between housekeeping personnel to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met. The Housekeeper Manager manages many priorities and demands and is able to solve problems, manage and supervise the laundry staff, as well as perform the duties of a housekeeper manager as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs Nakasero Hospital Limited housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff, and plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- The incumbent inspects and evaluates physical condition of the hospital’s rooms, and submits to Chief Operating Officer recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Stays abreast with new and improved cleaning methods, products, supplies, and equipment.
- Organizes and directs departmental training programs and evaluates employees performance and working relationship.
- Recommend and select new furnishings as required.
- Maintains records and prepares periodic activity and personnel reports for review by Chief Operating Officer.
- Coordinates activities with those of other departments.
- May evaluate records to forecast department personnel requirements, and to prepare budget.
- May take a hands-on approach in ensuring cleaning duties are consistently performed.
- Help prepare preliminary housekeeping Expenses Budget in liaison with the Chief Operating Officer
- In charge of the maintenance of Housekeeping Manual
- Prepare daily time sheets
- Complete all monthly inventories on time
- Prepare purchase orders and order supplies as required
- In charge of the completion of Weekly Room Inspection with Maintenance
- Handle patients complaints and resolve in a timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping supplies are in good condition and readily available on the wards
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in leisure and hospitality
- At least three years’ experience in a busy similar work environment
- Good leadership ability and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to make sound decisions quickly
- Keen eye for details
- Show desire to do precise work.
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude and approach to the job
- Willingness to be very hands-on and take on housekeeping tasks on a regular basis
- Proven team building skills
- Displays a high standard of excellence in the overall daily housekeeping operations
- Proven ability to build strategic working relationships and coaching a staff to excellence
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline