Job Title: Head of Finance
Organization: People Performance Group (PPG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business
People Performance Group is a leading human resource consultancy firm which provides expert advice in outsourcing and manpower services, facility and fleet management, recruitment processes, salary surveys, payroll services and staff development e.g. in team building, training, board assessment, performance management and other Human resource procedures. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, an indigenous Ugandan manufacturer involved in Agro-processing and member of a group of companies.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance will be accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Keenly monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans as well as develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Actively participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Manage the accounting and procurement offices.
- Manage the company’s transaction processing systems
- Oversee employee benefit plans.
- Keenly review the financial management needs of the organisation and propose new systems and processes to support these needs where appropriate.
- Report financial results to the executive and board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Keenly monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government.
- Report risk issues to the Executive and board of directors
- Build and maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Establish and manage cash management systems.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- In charge of the recruitment, management and development of all members of the Finance Team, ensuring their welfare, job satisfaction, competence and motivation.
- Carry out annual appraisals and ensure development plans are in place for the team.
- Lead on any changes required to processes and procedures and be able to drive and motivate the team in meeting set goals and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should ideally hold a master’s degree in accounting/business administration or equivalent business experience.
- A minimum of six years of progressive experience in a major manufacturing company or division of a large corporation.
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA (preferred) or CPA.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly state the subject title as “PPG-HOF.” The sent documents should not exceed 2MB in total size.
Deadline: 10th June, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline