Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Corporate Real Estate Services (CRES) will deliver exceptional results/performance through leadership and stakeholder engagement to undertake a wide range of servicing activities including:
- Implement Corporate Real Estate Services (“CRES”) function and strategy for Barclays Bank Uganda;
- Organize and control Real Estate (“RE”), Facilities Management (“FM”), Capital Investment Projects (“CIP”), Engineering Projects (“Eng.”), Health Environment Safety (excluding Security) (“HES”), Management Information (MI), Compliance and any related Sourcing.
As part of our commitment to raise the performance of the property function and create a sustainable/resilient CRES environment , this role will be responsible for;
- Building and developing a high performing CRES team in-country
- Management of the CRES team, including succession planning, talent scouting & development, performance and activity management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business Management: 25%
- Become an expert referral point for Chief Operating Officer (COO) strategy as it relates to property, premises, facilities management and safety and health disciplines.
- Support the COO management team to deliver the COO strategy within the function through providing regular MI and advice.
- The jobholder will develop meaningful MI that will assist the departments/stakeholders in tracking their performance; provide detailed analysis of the CRES portfolio, maintenance costs, and CRES projects to inform the COO strategy.
- Budget accountability - Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department in terms of cost performance and management
- Actively participate and contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions for COO in the country based on analysis of past performance and best practice in the market.
- Proactively identify initiatives of reducing costs and initiate projects to implement cost saving measures.
- Property/Premises Accountability
- Disposal and maintenance of property/leased premises
- Provision and maintenance of furniture, fittings and equipment
- Inventory management
- Work in liaison with key change programmes to understand impacts and requirements on property portfolio, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lease negotiations, renewals and terminations.
- Accountable for Facilities Management by ensuring all facilities and utilities and assets are satisfactory condition at all times
- Lease administration - Ensure lease data is complete and accurate; manage all lease events, with appropriate approvals.
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Accountability
- Delivery of a safe environment for employees and customers of the Bank
2. People Management/Functional Excellence: 20%
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive regular coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
- Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for team.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and ensure completion by liaising with the HRBP and Development Partner.
- The jobholder will draft succession plans for key roles and update them at least annually.
- Identify talent candidates in the team and ensure that additional development opportunities are created for high potential employees.
- Hiring of suitable candidates within CRES in liaison with the HRBP
- Carry out exit interviews for all employee-initiated departures from the bank.
- Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc.), and submit to HR for record keeping.
- Directly responsible for discipline for members of own team
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognised through the Barclays recognition schemes.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
3. Customer Service: 15%
- Provide close support for individual business areas/projects with specific requirements, assisting business to understand its full requirements, sourcing options proposals from market place, analysis and cost analysis.
- Work closely with business areas to ensure that implementation projects are incepted and delivered. Accountable for delivery of property benefit.
- Institute and analyse a quarterly internal customer perception survey.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department for the customer experience based on the internal service survey.
- Drive change initiatives and re-negotiate stretching Service Level Agreements (“SLAs) with suppliers to ensure the internal customer service bar is continuously raised.
- Benchmark services provided against the industry and create improvement action plans.
- Maintain excellent liaison with other suppliers and internal customers
- Receive and resolve issues escalated via team. Management of escalated complaints about department that have not been satisfactorily resolved locally.
4. Portfolio/Supplier Management: 15%
- Ensure the property portfolios are appropriately managed on a day-to-day basis i.e. executing FM
- Swift execution of Reactive and Preventative Maintenance (“RPM”), Engineering projects, Lease Renewals, and Site Remedial/Refurbishment activities.
- Drive savings through space optimization and office consolidations, process and cost efficiency, working in conjunction with Procurement and Sourcing on procurement initiatives.
- Manage the outsourced supply chain, ensuring appropriate level of Supplier Relationship Management (“SRM”).
- Partner with regional and global CRES teams and stakeholders on projects that require CoE engagements.
5. CRES Strategy and Engagement: 10%
- Ensure in-country CRES strategy is aligned to overall business strategy
- Responsible for maintaining the CRES and portfolio’s short and medium term plans for Barclays Bank Uganda.
- Manage internal stakeholders through periodic meetings and reporting.
- Support the Regional CRES Head in the production of business cases for change projects, including financial feasibility/options evaluation (including P&L financial impacts analysis plus critical reasoning, with support from RoA Centre of Excellence (“CoE”)
- The jobholder will also ensure governance is complied with at all times.
6. Risk, Governance and Regulatory:
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with Regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold tertiary qualification in the building sciences.
- Professionally qualified to at least degree level /local requirement
- A minimum of five years’ experience at a supervisory level in a corporate real estate environment.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Proven ability as self-starter, with track record of achievement of goals and targets.
- Previous experience of interpretation and development of management information.
- Prior experience of corporate real estate portfolio management.
- Previous experience of managing teams and management of team performance
- Good decision making and ability to initiate actions
- Good persuading and influencing skills
- Skills and experience in leading and supervising
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the country regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of operational risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify value destroyers within the process chain or add value to the end to end services offered.
- Familiarity with property rental values, property service costs, valuation models, market benchmarks, etc.
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline