Job Title: Social Media Officer
Organization: Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) is a non-governmental organization that implements Development Communication programs aimed at influencing positive behavior change for the social development of men, women and children in Uganda and the entire East African Region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create where necessary and manage the Rock Point 256 social media accounts.
- Steer the engagement and interaction with audiences by developing content for social media channels and engaging in dialogue and answering questions where necessary.
- Make weekly follow up with the toll-free Hotline and the Listening and Action Platforms (LAPs) through channels like telephone calls or SMS and compile change stories.
- Build a database on the SMS platform and send informative messages to listeners’ phones.
- Create, curate and manage the content (images, video, written) for Rock Point 256 and work with the Webmaster to upload content onto the CDFU website.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Social Media Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant should have a track record of creating inspiring and engaging content that really works.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Enjoy a working knowledge of the blogging eco-system relevant to development communication.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Practice superior time management and willingness to work outside normal working hours.
- Good team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing; and online reputation management).
- Ability to display good technical understanding and pick up new tools quickly.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should deliver or send in their applications with an updated and detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact and addresses of three referees to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU),
P. O. Box 8734, Plot 105, Kiira Road,
Kamwokya, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline