Job Title: Radiographer
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Radiologist
Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL) is a private hospital in Kampala that opened its doors to outpatient treatment in March 2009 and inpatient treatment, the same year. Our mission is to provide quality medical care to patients, to fill the gap which is created by lack of adequate medical facilities in the country.
Job Summary: The Radiographer will be responsible for preparing and safely positioning patients in order to get the most accurate images.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of positioning patients safely for examinations and, if necessary, adapting standard techniques, depending on medical conditions associated with disability, illness or trauma.
- Responsible for recording imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the data protection act and patient confidentiality.
- Learning new techniques and technologies as required by professional bodies and participating in annual performance appraisal programs.
- Carrying out necessary administrative tasks, when required.
- Understanding and observing health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others.
- Reporting incidents of injury to yourself or others according to departmental procedures.
- Undertaking quality control checks on x-rays and associated equipment, and contributing to quality assurance and audit initiatives.
- Ensure that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported.
- In charge of assessing patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Carrying out a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images.
- Observing and maintaining contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department.
- Assisting in more complex radiological examinations under the supervision of a radiologist and senior staff
- Working effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that an efficient service is provided to patients, for example by sharing specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Using initiative to prioritize, deliver and time-manage workload effectively and, when appropriate, assisting senior staff to plan efficient control of work flow patterns within the department.
- Offering support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Radiology
- Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Medical Ultra Sound will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must be registered with the Allied Health Profession council
- One year of post qualification experience.
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Quick on their feet and well organized
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrative skills.
- He/She needs to be competent at work place.
- He/She needs to handle all the equipment with care.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline