Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide procurement support services in all RHSP procurement functions in accordance with RHSP procurement guidelines and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly check and prepare specifications, terms of reference & statement of requirements in liaison with user departments.
- In charge of preparing and issuing Request for quotations or Request for Proposal
- Carry out evaluation of bids and make appropriate recommendations
- Work closely with service providers on procurement matters
- Ensure safe custody of all procurement records
- Prepare submissions for the procurement committee
- Prepare Purchase orders and agreements for the respective service providers
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Work with the RHSP managers and staff as part of an effective and collegial team to achieve RHSP goals/objectives
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers.
- Perform any other assignments as may be allocated by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University degree in Procurement & Supply chain management, Procurement & Logistics Management, Business Administration - Procurement or any other j related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy reputable organization.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under minimum supervision.
- Computer skills in Navision will be an added advantage.
- Ability to negotiate Procurement terms and conditions.
- Working knowledge of Procurement procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of computers especially Excel spreadsheets, inventory, word-processing packages and e-mail.
- Ability to use judgment and initiative in the course of executing responsibilities.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, and RHSP contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Age: Between 25 - 44 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline