Job Title: Officer - Purchase
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Imports Manager
Job Ref: 2016-04-337/FM-M-CPD-02
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engages in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhvani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Officer – Purchase will be tasked with receiving indents from user departments.
- Floating enquiries to overseas suppliers.
- In charge of preparing import approvals after getting technical clearance.
- Following up of supply of materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Officer - Purchase should hold a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in any of the following: Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce or Business Administration
- The applicant should have worked in a responsible position in a manufacturing organization and handled purchase or import purchase activities at least for a period of 5 years.
- At least two years practical experience in SAP - procurement is essential.
- Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 9th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline