Job Title: Office Assistant
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps is a leading global relief and development agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. In more than 40 countries, we partner with local people to put bold ideas into action, help them overcome adversity and build stronger communities. We help communities survive and move beyond emergencies. When natural disasters strike, economies collapse or conflict flares, Mercy Corps is there. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives to grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will support the operations, administration and programme functions of the organization as may be assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer office support services for management of office reception receive & attend to office visitors & direct them as appropriate.
- Attend to all incoming and outgoing office telephone calls & ensure office telephones are used appropriately for official business
- Ensure offices are kept clean, orderly & organized at all times.
- Keenly monitor and control office supplies, & consumables ensuring that proper records are maintained for storage & usage of all supplies & consumables.
- Support the establishment & maintenance of a filing system for the office & ensure all official documents are appropriately filed & stored.
- Prepare and initiate requests for all payments & procurement of goods & services.
- Assist the Finance & Operations Manager with scheduling the usage of project vehicles on a daily basis.
- Ensure all office equipment's are well maintained & appropriately used by staff.
- Support programme staff & the Finance & Operations Manager with scheduling meetings for programme events plus making venue & travel bookings for staff & guests.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Diploma in Business & Secretarial Studies from a reputable Higher Institution of Learning.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience at level of Administrative Assistant
- Good knowledge of basic office systems & procedures
- Working knowledge on operation and maintenance of various office equipment's
- Good computer skills in word, excel, & power point presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous work experience with Donor funded projects & NGO’s
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters, copies of academic qualifications/ certificates & a detailed CV including email contacts of 3 work related referees. Applications should be addressed to the Team Leader and hand delivered at Embassy Plaza Ggaba Road, 4th Floor Office No. D6 in properly sealed envelopes indicating position applied for.
Deadline: 10th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline