Job Title: Finance Intern
Organisation: Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: 300 US Dollars
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED has been active in Uganda since May 2007, both in the northern region and Karamoja. In the North, ACTED supports the early recovery process with a specific focus on the needs of returning populations displaced by years of conflict. It also expands access, retention, equity and quality of primary education. In Karamoja, the focus is enhanced food security and resilience to disasters, especially droughts, as well as improving the primary education sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial control and that all operations respect existing financial procedures
- The Finance Intern will manage accounting files for the Country Office;
- Keenly analyze financial data and create management indicators;
- Technically support Country Coordination through analysis of project running costs, follow-up on resource allocation, and finance training
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this Internship opportunity should hold an Msc in Administration, Business Management or equivalent.
- Finance and accounting skills required
- Willingness to undertake serious responsibility and manage stress efficiently
- Possess excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English
Terms and Conditions: Field Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg., and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their English applications including a cover letter, CV, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the E-mail should be: Ref: FI/UGA/SA
Deadline: 31st July 2016