Job Title: Medical Officer
Organisation: Action Africa Help International (AAH)
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Health Coordinator
In 1996, Action Africa Help International (AAIN) became Aktion Africa Hilfe e. V (AAH) and was registered in Munich, Germany from where our founders in 2003 moved the organisation’s headquarters to Kenya. AAH-I now works with refugees, host communities and other marginalized and vulnerable groups in Kenya, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan, where it operates across a range of sectors that seek to bridge relief to development.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will primarily manage patient care at Health/reception centres, manage medical processes and staff. Develop and enhance current processes and staffs’ skill set to improve patient care in line with AAH strategic objectives and donor guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will manage medical and surgical patients cases
- Carry out appropriate Health Centre administration in team leadership.
- Regularly monitor the execution of treatment and diet plan. By consulting patients and their caretakers on arrival at the health centres.
- Keenly monitor patients’ health and alter treatments and diet as and when required.
- Organise, manage & participate in daily activities to enhance patient participation.
- Encourage medical staff (nurses, clinical officers) to maintain patient relationship, during stay and even after discharge.
- Induct new medical staff and train staff on individual treatments when required.
- Document case studies to enhance learning of self & health sector staff.
- Provide feedback and review development needs about medical staff with Health coordinator and HR in line with the staff development guidelines
- Carry out monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews against the stated goals on people, patients, and processes.
- Provide technical inputs to Medical forecast infrastructure and staff requirements in line with AAH corporate plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Medical Officer vacancy should hold a Medical Degree and valid Registration
- A minimum of two years’ experience in hospital medicine.
- Previous experience or additional qualification in General Practice, Paediatrics, Anaesthetics or Surgery would be an asset.
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient, understanding and of a pleasant character
- Able to build and develop capacity of others
- Show commitment to the organizational values
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Languages: Fluency in Kiswahili is essential; Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset (Kinyarwanda, Rukiga, Runyakitara).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (together with an updated (CV) with at least three referees with their telephone contacts via E-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Action Africa Help Uganda,
Plot 72 Ntinda Road, P.O. Box 10501, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please clearly mark in the email subject line the job title of the position applied for and your salary expectations in your application. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 23rd June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline