Job Title: Legal Officer - Law Revision
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of preparing research proposals for consideration by the Commission.
- Conducting research, participating in data analysis and report writing.
- In charge of implementing research on projects of the Commission.
- Conducting legal research for projects of the Commission.
- Preparing reports on projects.
- Regular review and consider proposals for reform of the law referred to the Commission.
- Simplifying and translating the laws.
- Render support in formulating policy on specific areas for law reform.
- In charge of drafting bills on reports.
- Responsible for participating in analysis and review of policies and laws.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Legal Officer - Law Revision job placement should be a Ugandan who holds an honours degree in law from a recognized university and a diploma in legal practice from Law Development Centre. Possession of any other relevant postgraduate training will be an added advantage.
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of project planning and management is an added advantage;
- Age: 22 years and above
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 13th June 2016 by 5.00pm
NB: Serving Government officers are encouraged to route applications through their Supervisors and Heads of Department.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline