Job Title: Human Resources and Administrative Officer
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. A GHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the implementation and maintenance of appropriate HR systems and procedures as required.
- Make presentations and train staff in the operation of the HR system on a regular basis.
- Guide staff on the Foundation’s HR policies and procedures including resolving or supporting the resolution of grievances.
- Develop and maintain administrative systems and procedures to provide support for HR projects. For example arranging meetings and taking minutes, preparing statistical reports, entering data on IT systems and following up action points.
- Assist in the procurement and management of staff benefits.
- Ensure changes to payroll are effected and act on management instructions and staff requests in a timely fashion.
- Manage staff health scheme, HR information and documentation.
- Administer the staff training budget and provide support towards development and implementation of the annual Staff Training Calendar.
- Supports recruitment, compensation (including salary grading) and performance review management system for staffs.
- Support the set-up of a conducive work environment including support to investigations under the Foundation’s’ Disciplinary and Harassment procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Human Resources and Administrative Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Sociology or related discipline required. Possession of a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in HR and Administration management in a commercial setting or NGO.
- Previous exposure and experience in implementing compliance systems in line with Uganda Labor Laws is Mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a high pressure and complex environment.
- Excellent computer skills
- Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts).
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline