Job Title: Finance Person
Organisation: Kimberly Ryan (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Kimberly Ryan provides an Outsourcing solution that not only exceeds your needs but ensures Return on Investment. Their outsourcing services include; Employee Outsourcing, Managed Payroll Services, Business Process Outsourcing and Function Outsourcing. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a non-profit organization operating in 29 countries offering leading solutions in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
Job Summary: The Finance Person will manage funds in such a manner as to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk, and while also ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds. Further, the finance manager will engage in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Principal Accountabilities:
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements.
- Carrying out strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning.
- Producing long-term business plans.
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
- Managing budgets.
- Developing and managing financial systems/models.
- Conducting business modelling and risk assessments.
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
2. Funds Management:
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure.
- Arrange for equity and debt financing.
- Invest funds.
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Support management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
4. Financial Analysis:
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
5. Additional Accountabilities:
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Finance person should hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- One to two years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs including a working telephone contact via E-mail urgently to email@example.com urgently. The subject of the E-mail should clearly be labeled Finance person.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline