Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Yunus Social Business Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Yunus Social Business Foundation Uganda Ltd. (YSB Uganda) incubates and finances social businesses in all regions of Uganda. We provide coaching and consulting to social business entrepreneurs, help to create and develop employment-generating social businesses, and finance these businesses in order to help them scale their operations. YSB was founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus and is part of the Grameen network of over 40 social businesses and more than 50,000 employees. In addition to Uganda, Yunus Social Business entities are operational in the Balkans, Brazil, Columbia, India, Haiti and Tunisia; with a team of over 40 people in the 7 country offices and a central office in Frankfurt, Germany. The Uganda office is based in Kampala. A social business is a new kind of organization that combines the strengths of both civil society and the business world. Social businesses have a social or environmental mission – like NGOs – but are financially self-sustainable – like businesses. Social business is a combination of social action with entrepreneurship and market discipline. The many Grameen success stories in Bangladesh and elsewhere demonstrate that social businesses can be powerful tools to unlock economic potential, create employment and self-employment, help solve social problems and reduce poverty in a sustainable way. Uganda has been selected by Prof. Yunus as one of the priority countries for social business promotion.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will be tasked with the promotion of effectiveness and efficiency in resource utilization through implementation of established finance, procument and human resource policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting:
- The jobholder will prepare monthly packages for external accountant
- Assist in budget monthly reporting of actuals against budget, including variance analysis
- Assist in preparing the annual accounts and auditing process
- Act as the liaison with banks
- Optimize and handle contracts with external providers such as insurance contracts, IT and telecommunication etc.
Procurement of goods and services for YSB Uganda:
- Responsible for the identification of procurement needs in liasion with user teams
- Identification of potential consultants and suppliers
- In charge of preparation of procurement documents
- Conducting evaluations with relevant procurement committee
- Preparing and submitting procurement reports
Administration and Office Management:
- Development and execution of administrative processes and documents
- Problem solving/ trouble-shooting questions of day-to-day work (including dealing with various suppliers)
- Provide administrative support to all local employees and consultants, including volunteers, mentors and experts
- Issuing contracts, registering employees with (tax) authorities
- Insure correct filing of all relevant documents
- Providing operational support in the use of office facilities, equipments and vehicle(s)
Others: Perform any other activities assigned by the Managing Director dealing with the day-to-day or long-term business continuity and serving the purpose of advancing the Yunus Social Business Uganda
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an honors degree in commerce, accounting, finance or procurement from a recognized University. An advanced degree and/or professional qualification
- A minimum of two years’ experience
- Creative problem solving skills
- Hold a clean driving permit will be of added advantage.
- Personal competencies: a business-oriented, systematic and organized professional able to perform under multi-cultural teams.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of motivation, CV and contacts of three referees in English via e-mail with the subject line “Application Finance Officer YSB Uganda” to Uganda@yunussb.com.
Deadline: 30th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline