Job Title: Dental Assistant
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client.
Job Summary: The Dental Assistant will carry out a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and often work chair-side while examining and treating patients. The incumbent will make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Patient Care:
- Prepare patients for treatment.
- Retrieve patients' dental records.
- Hand dental instruments, materials, and equipment to dentists.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures.
- Sterilize and disinfect instrument and equipment.
- Prepare materials for making dental impressions and restorations.
- Provide patients instruction in postoperative steps and general oral healthcare.
2. Laboratory Duties:
- Make actual casts of the teeth and mouth from impressions.
- Make temporary crowns.
- Clean and polish removable dental appliances.
3. Office Duties:
- Greet and receive patients.
- Maintain records of patients’ treatments.
- Schedule and confirm patients' appointments.
- Order supplies and other materials for the dental office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree or diploma in any related field. Qualification in nursing is an added advantage.
- One to two years of relevant experience
- Ability to accurately transfer gathered data into a patient record
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, confidentiality and respect when speaking with patients, peers, faculty and staff
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Ability to present professional appearance
- Ability to implement measures to maintain own physical and mental health and emotional stability
- Emotional and mental health necessary to effectively apply knowledge and exercise appropriate judgment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to practice honest and ethical behavior and accountability
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline