Job Title: Bookkeeper/Admin
Organisation: Sseko Designs Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
About SSEKO Designs:
Sseko Designs is an ethical fashion brand that hires high potential women in Uganda to make sandals to enable them to earn money through dignified employment that will go directly towards their college educations and ensure they will continue pursuing their dreams. We currently employ 30 women in Uganda from all walks of life. We believe that every woman has a dream. When she is given the opportunity to pursue those dreams, we are collectively walking towards a brighter and more just and beautiful world.
Job Summary: The incumbent will serve as the financial bookkeeper whose primary role is to keep an official track of company spending so when it comes to filing accounts there is an accurate trail of all the outgoings. As an administrator, you will ensure the office operates smoothly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifying accuracy of expense reports and recording expenditures in financial records
- In charge of preparing income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement monthly
- Carry out a monthly reconciliation 0f every bank account
- Calculate inventory used and costs of goods sold monthly
- Provide information to the external accountant who verifies controls were performed and reviews financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system to keep receipts and expense records
- Prepare invoices and shipping documentation for the exports
- File VAT & PAYE monthly
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Bookkeeper/Admin should possess an Associate or bachelor degree in accounting
- A minimum of two years’ experience performing bookkeeping services
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting highly preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with QuickBooks
- Languages: Fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice in a broad range of financial and administrative areas to senior managers. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations;
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Leadership - Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their your soft copy applications and CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline