Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. AGHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a database of planned purchases, goods in movement and deliveries completed;
- Prepare all necessary documentation for handling procurement of goods and services and any other documents as needed;
- Update and maintain the records on procurement process and related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability;
- Maintain a record of equipment and ensure annual verification is done and documented;
- Draft all correspondence related to logistics including letters to vendors, insurance claims, replacement of damage goods as required;
- The incumbent will raise purchase orders, seek approval and dispatch to vendors and service providers as and when required;
- Regularly monitor deliverables under contracts awarded and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to vendors and service providers;
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services procured and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required;
- Prepare and submit reports and monitor administrative and project expenditure as appropriate;
- Keep abreast of relevant products/services market developments;
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Office Operations or related discipline
- A minimum of two years’ experience in logistics and operations management in a commercial setting or NGO.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles is an added advantage.
- Competency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a high pressure and complex environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Logistics/ Inventory background.
- Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Personal Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to email@example.com including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts.)
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 27th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline