Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Legal and Investigations
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will offer administrative support to the directorates to include handling correspondences between and within assigned directorates, as well as ensure proper document/filing, records keeping and mail handling system for efficient and effective service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative/secretarial services for Directors, staff and clients as required in order to facilitate achievement of intended objectives.
- Ensure that all claims submitted / presented for payment have the entire supporting document and that that all information is accurate so that payments may be processed.
- The incumbent will ensure that the quality of services provide at the reception desk meets the standards and expectations of all visitors ate PPDA.
- Provide a conducive working environment that will enhance the provision of effective and efficient services to the directorate team.
- Manage the receiving, registration and distribution of mail received ensuring that the correct persons receive the correct response.
- Actively contribute to the planning and managing of the directorate’s schedules and related logistics to ensure that the directorate efficiently meets the timelines and execution of duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration.
- Credits in both Mathematics and English at O’ Level.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer care skills
- Skills and experience in Information Handling and Filing
- Information Technology/ Computer Skills
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline