Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be supporting the accounting officials/senior management in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s finances and provide administrative support and advise to senior accounting officers in relation to the overall accounting process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive cash and cheque payments from customers and other debtors, and exercise care to safeguard cash received.
- Enter all transactions in the system on a daily basis and ensure they are accurately entered into the system.
- Writing payment vouchers and issue out cash upon receipt of properly authorized and verified payment requisition forms and ensure that the issued money is properly acknowledged by the recipients.
- Maintain approved level of petty cash, promptly initiate replenishment procedures and account for cash imprest according to approved processes and procedures.
- Reconcile cash and cheque collections on daily basis with the accountant in charge and report any discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Prepare bank re conciliations
- Update registers, files and safeguard all cash office records and documents in line with procedures and best practices.
Key Performance Indicators
- Approved level of petty cash maintained
- Reconcile Cash and cheque collection report
- Secure cash office records and valuable documents
- Prepare financial reports
- Prepare all recommendations of debtors and creditors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant career opportunity should hold a Diploma or degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance or their equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of financial accounting experience, involving posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and coding financial information, and maintaining account balances.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in accounting and software package
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline