Job Title: Foods and Beverages Manager
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL) is a private hospital in Kampala that opened its doors to outpatient treatment in March 2009 and inpatient treatment, the same year. Our mission is to provide quality medical care to patients, to fill the gap which is created by lack of adequate medical facilities in the country.
Job Summary: The Foods and Beverages Manager oversees food preparation in the cafeteria as well as the day-to-day operations of the cafeteria. The incumbent handles a number of administrative functions, from checking budgets and food order invoices from suppliers, to training employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for enforcing the general maintenance of hygiene standards in the entire cafeteria.
- Responsible for enforcing the health and safety standards by carrying out regular checks to ensure these are being adhered to.
- Responsible for overall customer care experience in the cafeteria which also include regular training for staff to maintain high level of service.
- Ensure the food and beverages produced in the cafeteria is of a high standard and service is as per the best practices.
- Ensure that there is sufficient quantity of foods and beverages to enable the cafeteria to sell at all times as per the customer flow.
- Ensure all equipment in the cafeteria is kept in proper working order and make plans to replace those that are beyond repair as per the budget estimates.
- Responsible for the staff welfare which would include schedule management, leave planning, recruitment and disciplinary. This is to be done in conjunction with the supervisors that directly oversee these areas.
- Ensure that all provisions of the cafeteria manual are strictly enforced keeping in mind the standard operating procedure for each unit.
- Ensure the cafeteria is running as per best practices of running a business keeping in mind the financial and service indicators to ensure all systems are in good health.
- Ensure the requisition and financial management is properly planned in conjunction with the accounts and stores clerk.
- Ensure that stores are secure and managed in accordance with the manual
- Ensure all statutory requirements for the cafeteria are in place and always renewed and updated in accordance with the requirements of the governing bodies.
- Prepare and submit a monthly report covering both financials and operations to be shared with the Support Service Manager.
- Ensure the weekly financial and operations update meeting is held with the Support Services Manager, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide the overall guidance for the staff within the cafeteria in best practices of delivering a fluent service.
- Ensure regular meetings are held with staff to discuss the operations of the cafeteria
- Put measures in place to increase in the revenue generation of the cafeteria.
- Perform any other duties as maybe deemed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a diploma in Hotel Management
- One to three years’ experience in F&B department in a Management position.
- He/She must therefore have a good working knowledge of meal preparation for both local and foreign dishes and food safety and nutrition
- Broad knowledge of food and beverage products
- Proven skills in Public Relations.
- Cordially attend timely to customer complaints
- Ability to promptly and efficiently deliver service of all meals, snacks, and beverages to the required standards.
- Ability to conduct in-house training of staff under your supervision.
- Good team work and team building skills
- Good customer care skills
- Computer literacy skills are mandatory
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via E-mail to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline